Each mayor brings to the job his or her own leadership style and priorities. During my term as mayor in 2010, I brought my business experience as a technology CEO to set a series of major concrete goals and led the council forward in their successful achievement.
- Re-structured our budget, reducing expenses by $13 million while maintaining high quality services
- Continued reform of our employee pension and benefit system
- Achieved agreement on a well-considered Stanford hospitals project
- Launched restructuring and reform of the city’s permitting process and Development Center
- Pushed through more streamlined city meetings
- Initiated the Infrastructure Blue Ribbon Commission
- Doubled our rate of street re-paving
- Began Project Safety Net promoting our youth well being
- Continued our leadership in environmental sustainability, including achieving 75% of our electricity coming from clean or renewable sources.